Thanks to customer Simon F. for contributing this recipe, and the follow up treat!
1 6oz package of Grow and Behold Beef Bacon (thick cut preferred)
1/2 cup of brown sugar (or more. you really cant put too much on)
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Lay the bacon strips out in a bacon dish, flat with no overlap.
- Cover strips generously with brown sugar. It should all get wet from the moisture in the meat.
- Bake for 15 min or so until crispy and brown
From Simon: “Enjoy/die. The simplicity of this recipe is inversely proportional to it’s deliciousness.”
After you’ve eaten the delicious meat candy, you’ll be staring at a pan full of bacon fat and brown sugar. All that goodness can’t possibly be wasted. So…
Brussel Sprouts with Candied Bacon
1 cup of brussel sprouts
– cut them in half
– toss to coat in fat/sugar drippings mixture
– roast at 300 degrees until browned, about 30 min, stirring 2-3 times in between