By Amanda & Charles Koppelman-Milstein
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons ginger, chopped
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 lb lean tender beef, such as Cubes for Kabobs, Pepper Steak or Sandwhich Steak cut in 1″ pieces
- 3 apples, peeled and diced
- 1 butternut squash, peels and cut in 3/4″ cubes
- Apple cider vinegar to taste
- Saute the garlic and ginger in the oil over medium heat. Add the butternut squash and cook until almost soft (you may need to add more oil).
- In a separate pan, brown the stew meat and drain off the fat.
- Once the squash begins to get soft, add the apples, beef, spices, and apple cider vinegar, and saute until everything is is soft.
- Serve over rice.