Adapted for Kosher cooking and pastured turkeys from Mila Clarke at Food52. Serves 4.
- 4 turkey drumsticks
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pepper
- 4 tablespoons ancho chile powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Rinse the turkey leg and dry completely to ensure crispiness.
- Brush on the lemon juice, followed by the olive oil.
- Mix together the pepper, ancho chile powder, and cumin in a separate bowl. This will act as a rub for your turkey legs.
- Generously rub each turkey leg with the mixture.
- Arrange each turkey leg evenly on a baking sheet lined with foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Lower the temperature to 325 degrees and bake, covered, until a thermometer inserted in the legs reads 160.
- Serve immediately for maximum crispiness!