Adapted for parve baking from the Joy of Cooking
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or 1 cup of chocolate chips or raisins optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the oil and sugar. Add eggs and beat well.
- Sift together dry ingredients. Add to creamed mixture alternately with banana blending well after each addition. Stir in nuts if desired.
- Pour into well-greased pan (loaf pan for a thicker banana bread, cookie sheet for banana bread squares)
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-50 minutes, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.