Recipe from Dr. Kathy Morris.
- 1 cup oil (safflower or vegetable)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup raisins
- Optional-1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Mix the oil and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time and beat well after each one. Add the vanilla. Then mix the dry ingredients and slowly add them to the rest.
- Divide dough into 3 portions onto 2 cookie sheets. Form them into long rectangular strips. about 4 inches wide by 10-12 inches long and about 1/2 inch thick
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar
- Bake 1/2 hour at 300 degrees. Remove from oven, slice into 1 inch sections, separate them slightly and bake 15 minutes more.