Yes, it really does live up to the hype. Sweet, smoky salty beef bacon, fried to a crisp, waiting patiently on a paper-towel lined plate while eggs are fried, veggies are cooked to crisp tender. There never are quite as many pieces that make it to the table as you take out of the pan, but who’s counting?!
We recommend 1 package beef bacon per two people, but your own bacon intake may vary.
- 1 package Beef Bacon (thick or thin)
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed
- 2 eggs
- toast of your choice
- Lay strips of bacon in a large skillet (cold). They can be touching, since once the fat renders out, there will actually be a lot of room in between the pieces. Set pan over low heat until fat starts to render. If you have a splatter guard, use it — bacon can sputter a bit as it cooks, which can be both painful and messy.
- Increase heat to medium and continue to cook, turning occasionally, until most of the fat has rendered and the bacon is crisp. Transfer bacon to a paper towel-lined plate.
- While the bacon cooks, steam asparagus until just bright green but still crunchy. Remove from heat.
- Pour off all but 2 tablespoons bacon fat from the pan. Add 2 eggs and fry sunny-side up or as desired. Transfer eggs and bacon to plates.
- Add asparagus to pan and increase heat to high; toss frequently until edges begin to brown. Divide between plates.
- Serve with toast.