This is a great dish for holidays. Very easy to prep in advance and roast before you eat — or cook it ahead and reheat before serving. It’s also easy to increase the quantity — just multiply the marinade ingredients by the number of chickens you are using. The marinade makes a delicious sauce that is tasty on the chicken as well as rice or other grains (farro, etc.).
- 1 2-3lb Chicken cut in 1/8ths
- ¾ cup silan honey (date honey)
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tsp soy sauce or 1 tbs Braggs Amino Acid Liquid
- Mix marinade ingredients together and pour over the chicken. Let marinate in a zipper-top bag or in the baking dish at least one hour and up to 24 hours (in the fridge).
- Grease pan and place chicken in the dish. You can serve chicken from the cooking pan if you use a nice ceramic pan.
- Bake at 375F for 45-60 min. Cover dish for the first 30 minutes, then uncover.