- 3lb Chicken in 1/8ths
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup Chicken Broth
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, roughly chopped
- Mix 2 tablespoons oil and spices in a large bowl or plastic bag; add chicken pieces and toss to coat.
- Heat remaining olive oil in a large skillet (use deeper Dutch oven if doubling the recipe) and brown chicken on all sides. Remove browned chicken and set aside (don’t crowd the pan, best to do this in several batches if necessary).
- Add onions and saute over medium heat until browned.
- Return chicken to pan; add chicken broth and simmer 30 minutes.
- Add apricots, simmer another 10 minutes until plump and soft.
Serve over brown rice with extra sauce/broth poured on top.