You’ve got a full house the morning after Thanksgiving: here’s a hearty way to make eggs for a crowd. Shred turkey the night before, so all you have to do is toss the ingredients together in the morning.
You can make this fritata with olive or vegetable oil, but if you’re also cooking up some Beef Bacon, save a little of the bacon fat and use that to fry the onions for the fritata. This is one leftover dish that will not have any leftovers!!
- 2 tablespoons oil or bacon fat
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/2 cup diced/shredded turkey
- 1 cup cooked potatoes, diced
- 8 eggs
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Whisk together eggs and thyme. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a 10-inch, oven-proof skillet. Saute onion until soft and translucent. Add garlic and spinach and cook until spinach is wilted. Add turkey and potatoes and cook until warmed.
- Pour eggs into the pan and cook until eggs are set on the bottom and starting to set on top, about 5-10 minutes. Sprinkle with paprika and transfer to oven to cook for another 5-10 minutes, or until egg is cooked through.