Recipe by Seven Bites
x-posted from Joyofkosher.com
Prep Time : 20 min
Cook Time : 2 hour, 20 min
Ready Time : 2 hour, 40 min
1 Top of Rib (4.5 lb)
1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
2 cups Barbecue Sauce (Passover Recipe Below)
1 cup Red Wine
3 tablespoons Garlic Powder
3 tablespoons Onion Powder
3 tablespoons Paprika
- Preheat the oven to 250F.
- Lay the top of the rib on a flat surface. Generously coat each side with garlic powder, onion powder and paprika.
- Place the meat in a baking dish. If the meat is too long for the baking pan, you can fold over in order for the top of the rib to fit.
- Place in the oven for 10 minutes uncovered.
- Remove rib from the oven and flip over. Place back in the oven uncovered for an additional 10 minutes.
- In a large measuring cup, add 1 cup of red wine and 2 cups of barbecue sauce. Mix well.
- Remove rib from the oven. Pour wine mixture over the meat, making sure that it is thoroughly covered in the sauce.
- Tightly cover the meat with tin foil, and place back in the oven for 1 hour.
- Remove meat from the oven. Flip the rib over and place back in the oven for 30-90 minutes, or until desired tenderness.
- Remove meat from the oven and slice against the grain.
- Place the meat back in the oven, covered for an additional 30 minutes. (Slicing the meat will allow each piece to get absorbed in the sauce)
Passover BBQ Sauce
(recipe adapted from Carrie Beylus, OU Passover Guide 2015)
This recipe makes 1 1/2 cups. Double it for recipe above and save remainder for your Pesach burgers!
6 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup ketchup
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup cider vinegar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon chili powder (or if you don’t have it premade, use a dash each cayenne, onion powder, dried oregano, garlic powder, ground cumin and sweet paprika)
Saute garlic in oil. Add remaining ingredients. Simmer until desired consistency is reached.