Recipe by Karen Marks
- 1 4-5lb Beef Brisket (or Deckel or other braising roast)
- 4 c broth made with dry onion soup mix
- 1 onion, sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Buns or toast and BBQ sauce for serving
- Place brisket in crock pot on low, sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste
- Add the onions and broth to the pot.
- Cook on low for 6 hours
- At the 5-6 hour mark, remove the brisket and slice across the grain and return pieces to the pot until serving time
- Serve on a roll or open faced over a hearty toast. Add barbecue sauce to sandwich if desired or enjoy as is! Makes a great summer meal with corn on the cob and potato salad.