Recipe by Sharon Lebewohl and Naftali Hanau
- 5-6lb Grow and Behold Lamb Roast (for a smaller roast, reduce other ingredients accordingly)
- 2 celery stalks, cut into 1/4″ pieces
- 2 carrots, cut into 1/4″ pieces
- 2 onions, cut into 1/4″ pieces
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 branches of fresh rosemary
- 6 pinches dried sage
- 2 cups of dry white wine
- 2/3 cup red wine vinegar
- splash of olive oil
- 6 cups of Grow and Behold Chicken Bone Broth
- Mix all ingredients except stock to create marinade. Marinate the roast in the fridge in a plastic bag or Tupperware for 12-24 hours. Turn the roast 2-3 times during this period.
- Preheat oven to 200F (for convection roast), or 225F (for regular roasting). Pour marinade into a Dutch oven, add chicken broth, and combine. Add roast to Dutch oven and place in oven, uncovered.
- Cook until internal temperature reaches 137F (rare), or 142F (medium-rare; pictured). Remove roast from Dutch oven and set on a plate to drain. Move Dutch oven to stovetop, and reduce braising liquid by at least one-half (a bit more is fine), taking care not to burn. Pour reduction through cheesecloth into a gravy separator. Solids can be mashed and spread on bread (or matzah). Save strained jus to serve, warmed, with the roast.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a cast iron or stainless steel skillet. Pat roast dry if necessary, and sear on all sides.
- Remove netting before slicing.