Don’t squawk at this stock!!
If you’ve never cooked with chicken feet, here’s a basic roadmap. But remember, chicken stock is very forgiving, so go ahead and add whatever chicken parts and veggies you have on hand.
- 1lb Grow and Behold Chicken Feet
- 1.5lbs Grow and Behold Chicken Necks, Wings, or Bones (or a combination of all three)
- 3 bay leaves
- 5 peppercorns
- 2 large onions, halved
- 3 carrots, halved
- 1 parsnip, halved
- 2 ribs celery
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp cayenne (optional, but adds a nice kick to the broth)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Put chicken feet in a small saucepan and cover with water. Boil for around five minutes, then strain and clip off the nails.
- Add put chicken feet and all other ingredients in a large slow cooker, add enough water to fill up the pot and cover ingredients, and cook everything on high for ~1 hour. Then turn to low and cook for 12-24 hours, skimming off the top of the pot occasionally.
- When the stock is ready, skim off the top one last time, then strain and let cool. Freeze or refrigerate the stock as needed.
Chicken stock is great on its own as a nutritious bone broth, served with matzah balls to recreate your Bubbe’s soup recipe, or used in cooking.