Recipe by Naftali Hanau and Rachel Rosen
- 2lbs Grow and Behold Ground Lamb
- 1 large egg
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (medium ground, not coarse ground)
- 1/8 teaspoon of cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 1/4 cup of matzo meal (optional to bind. You can also substitute potato starch)
Mix ingredients together and shape into cigar shapes. Grill, broil, or pan-fry.
2lbs yields 16 cigars. Can be made up to 1 day ahead and kept wrapped tightly in the fridge, or frozen for up to two months. Bring to room temperature before frying.
Serve with Rice and Techina (kitniyot) or with Quinoa and Cucumber-Mint Salsa