Recipe by Ari White- Wandering Que
For the rub, combine the following:
- Grow and Behold Hanger Steak
- 2 tablespoons butcher cut black pepper
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee
- 1/2 tablespoon kosher salt
Apply to your steak and let stand for 15 minutes or so while preparing your reduction.
For Reduction Sauce:
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup of your favorite bourbon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons of ELITE instant coffee
Add everything together in a sauce pan and simmer on low until reduced by 1/2. Set aside.
Grill your steak on as hot a surface as possible (grill or cast iron pan) until desired doneness (I’m a medium rare kind of guy).
Let your steak rest for 10 minutes once it comes off the grill, pour your bourbon reduction sauce over your steak just as you serve and enjoy! This dish goes great with sweet mashed potato and grilled spring onions.