Recipe adapted for kosher cooking from Simi Winery. Serves 4
- 4 Grow and Behold Chicken Leg Quarters
- flour, for dredging
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1/2 cup onions, diced
- 1/3 cup celery, diced
- 1/3 cup carrots, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup of red wine
- 1/2 cup of Grow and Behold Chicken Bone Broth
- 1 cup of crushed tomatoes
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- In a large pot, season chicken with pepper and dredge in flour. Shake off any extra flour and brown the chicken in olive oil on all sides.
- Remove the chicken and pour off half of the excess oil. In the remaining oil, sautee the veggies until soft. Add red wine until liquid reduces by half.
- Add the broth, bay leaf, thyme and tomatoes, and bring to a boil. Add the chicken and reduce to a simmer. Cover the pot tightly and let the chicken simmer for an hour and 20 minutes, or until chicken is very tender. Season with salt and pepper to taste and garnish with parsley.