Recipe by Gabe Garcia – Tierra Sur
Prep Time: 15 to 20min
Marinate: 24 hours
Cook Time : 20min
- 5 pounds Grow and Behold chuck steak, cut into 1inch steaks
- Half a bottle of red wine (Baron Herzog Cabernet)
- 2 cups of blended oil (canola/olive oil)
- 1 large onion, peeled and cut into 1/4
- 5 large garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ cup chopped rosemary
- 4 tablespoons coarse ground pepper
- 4 tablespoons kosher salt
- Food processor
- Large container to marinade
Place steaks into large container. Combine onions, garlic, rosemary, red wine, sugar, and oil into food processor. Blend until smooth, pour over steaks. Mix steaks well with marinade, making sure steaks are submerged in marinade. Cover with plastic wrap, refrigerate overnight.
Remove steaks from marinade, pat dry with paper towels. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
Grill on medium to low high heat for about 8 minutes each side. Cook a little less for medium rare and of course, a little more for well done.