by Leah Schapira
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 6 ounces of any Grow and Behold deli meat of your choice
- 1 tablespoon mayo
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 squirt hot sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 20 round wonton wrappers
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch, dissolved in 3 tablespoons water
- Heat oil in a saute pan over medium heat. Add onion and saute until extra soft and golden, about 10 minutes.
- Add deli meat and saute for 1 to 2 additional minutes. Stir in mayonnaise, ketchup, honey, hot sauce, and soy sauce.
- Place 1 teaspoon filling in the middle of each wrapper. Brush cornstarch mixture around the edges to seal the hamantaschen. Fold into hamantaschen shape.
- To bake: Preheat oven to 400F. Place hamantaschen on a lined baking sheet and spray the tops with nonstick cooking spray. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- To fry: Heat 1 inch oil in a saute pan over medium-high heat. When hot, add hamantaschen and fry until golden and crispy, about 3 to 4 minutes per side.