Recipe by Sippity Sup
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups crushed Matzah
- 2 teaspoons salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoons pepper
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 4 chicken cutlets, room temperature
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Place the crushed matzahs into the bowl of a food processor, fitted with the metal blade. Pulse the machine 8-10 times, until the matzah has the consistency of coarse sand.
- Beat the eggs in a shallow dish, and the mix the Matzah, salt, and pepper, in another dish. Heat the oil in a large cast iron or non-stick skillet, until it reaches 375 degrees (use a deep fry thermometer).
- Take the room-temperature chicken, and working one at a time, dip into the egg, then the matzah mixture, pressing if needed to ensure that the matzah mixture sticks to both sides
- Immediately move the chicken to the hot oil, and repeat with a second breast. Cook until the chicken is golden brown (around 2-3 minutes/side)
- Transfer to a paper-towel lined plate or tray to drain. Spritz with lemon while they are still hot, and season with salt and pepper. Repeat the process with the remaining chicken. Serve immediately with more lemon on the side.