Inspired by Food52’s Chicken that Fancies Itself Spanish
- 1.5lbs of Grow and Behold Chicken Breast Filets, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 14oz can of diced tomatoes
- 1 small fennel bulb, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 small preserved lemons, minced
- 1 cup of pitted green olives, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup red wine
- Canola oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cilantro or parsley, to garnish (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large saute pan and once hot, add the chicken pieces (working in batches if needed), and cook for ~5 minutes, or until chicken is fully cooked. Set aside cooked chicken on a plate.
- In the same pan, add the onions and fennel and saute. Add a splash of red wine to deglaze the pan and cook over a medium heat, until onions and fennel have cooked (~7 minutes). Add more wine if the liquid in the pan has fully reduced.
- Add the tomatoes, lemon and olives, and let simmer for another 10 minutes. Add the chicken, plus salt and pepper to taste, and let simmer for another few minutes.
- Garnish with herbs, and serve over rice or sauteed greens.