Recipe adapted for kosher cooking from the New York Times. Serves four
- 1.5lbs Grow and Behold Ground Lamb
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 fresh jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
Garnishes (choose from the following):
- diced mango
- green and red peppers, julianned
- shredded carrot
- shredded lettuce
- Mix the ground lamb with the onions, jalapeño, and spices, adding a sprinkle of pepper. Form into four burgers, making sure to handle the meat lightly, to avoid compressing the burgers.
- Over a medium-high heat, grill the patties for around three minutes on each side for rare, adding an extra minute/side for each stage of doneness (ie five minutes on each side for medium)
- Garnish with your favorite toppings, and serve on a toasted bun.