Adapted for kosher cooking from Bobby Flay
- 6 Grow and Behold Turkey Drumsticks
- Olive oil
- Pepper, to taste
- Sherry Vinegar-Brown Sugar Glaze (recipe below)
- Heat your grill to medium heat, or if using a charcoal grill, prepare the grill for indirect grilling.
- Grill the drumsticks until golden brown on all sides, then transfer to the cooler part of the grill, cover, and continue cooking until cooked through (45 minutes-1 hour). If you are using a gas grill, cook the drumsticks the entire time on medium with the lid closed, until a crust has formed. During the last twenty minutes of cooking, brush the drumsticks with the glaze.
- Remove from the grill when cooked, add more glaze, and let rest for ten minutes before serving
Sherry Vinegar-Brown Sugar Glaze:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 shallots, coarsely chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup of aged sherry vinegar
- 1/4 cup of dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Spanish paprika
- 1 can of plum tomatoes, chopped
- 4 cups of Grow and Behold Chicken Bone Broth
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Heat oil over a medium saucepan, then add the shallots and garlic, and cook until they are a light golden brown. Add the vinegar and cook down until the liquid has reduced by half. Then, add the sugar, paprika, tomatoes and broth, until again reduced by half and the tomatoes are soft. Transfer to a blender and blend until smooth, then return the glaze to the saucepan and continue cooking until thickened. Season to taste. Let cool, and then add the glaze to the drumsticks as directed by the recipe.