Recipe adapted for kosher cooking from the New York Times Diner’s Journal
- 2lbs Grow and Behold Lamb Cubes for Stew
- 1 cinnamon stick (or 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 onion, halved
- 1/2 cup of port, red wine, or water
- 4 medium-large peaches, pitted, and cut into wedges
- Juice of one lemon or lime
- 1 cup of roughly chopped parsley (if using lemon juice) or cilantro (if using lime juice)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place the lamb in a skillet, and turn the heat to medium high. Add the cinnamon, cayenne, onion, and wine. Bring to a boil, cover, and lower the heat so the lamb simmers steadily for around 60-90 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes, and adding more liquid if the mixture is starting to look a little dry.
- When the meat is cooked through and tender, remove the onion and cinnamon stick. Raise the heat back up to medium high and cook off any liquid.
- Stir in the peaches and cook for another five minutes, until the peaches are glazed and soft.
- Stir in the citrus juice and most of the herbs (reserving some for garnish). Season to taste, and serve, garnishing with remaining herbs.