Recipe adapted for kosher cooking and Rose Veal from Epicurious. Serves 6
- 6 Grow and Behold Rose Veal Rib or Shoulder Chops
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons coarse, freshly-ground mixed (red, white, green, and black) peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary minced
- ~8 hours before cooking your chops, place them in a saltwater brine, of 35g salt:1 liter of water, following these instructions. Don’t be intimidated–brining the chops will help make them even more tender and succulent!
- Remove the chops from the brine and dry them off. Place the chops in a baking dish and brush with oil, rosemary, and pepper. Let the chops stand at room temperature for an hour. Or, if you’d like to marinate the chops for even longer, cover and place in the fridge.
- Preheat your broiler, and transfer the chops to a broiler pan, positioned around 6 inches from the heat source, for around six minutes/side for medium rare (and one minute longer/side for each additional degree of doneness).
- Transfer the veal to a serving plate, pouring any additional pan juices over the chops before serving.