Recipe adapted for kosher cooking from Saveur. Serves 6-8
- 1 lb. Grow and Behold Chicken Thigh Filets, cut into 1″ pieces
1 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons dried mint
1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 tablespoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
1 tablespoon Aleppo pepper
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 tablespoon Turkish sweet red pepper paste
1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
6 (12″) metal skewers
- In a bowl, mix the oil, mint, chile flakes, thyme, Aleppo pepper, tomato paste, red pepper paste and black pepper. Add the chicken and toss to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes (or refrigerate up to 2 hours).
- Prepare grill for direct and indirect cooking. Charcoal: bank coals on one side; Gas: turn one burner on high.
- Remove the chicken from marinade and thread onto skewers. Grill on hottest part of grill (turning as needed) until the chicken is slightly charred. Transfer to a cooler part of the grill and continue to cook, turning occasionally, until meat is cooked through and tender, about 15 minutes.
- Remove kabobs from the grill when cooked, and serve.