Recipe adapted for kosher cooking from Bon Appetit. Serves 4.
- 1 3.5-4lb Grow and Behold Spatchcocked Chicken
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cups green olives, plus 1/2 cup brine, reserved
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped, fresh oregano (plus a few whole leaves for garnish)
- Vegetable oil, for grilling
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a medium bowl, combine the olive brine, olive oil, and lemon juice. Add salt and pepper to taste. Place half of the mixture in a large Ziplock bag, adding the onion and oregano. Reserve and chill the remaining half of the mixture.
- Add the chicken to the bag, seal, and toss. Keep in the fridge for 4-12 hours
- Generously oil the grates of your grill with vegetable oil, and keep the grill at medium heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade (shaking off any excess liquid, and discarding the rest of the marinade).
- Grill the chicken skin-side up, turning occasionally, until lightly charred and cooked through (around 30-40 minutes).
- While the chicken is cooking, set out the reserved olive/lemon mixture, and let it come to temperature. Pit and smash the olives, then add them, plus the lemon zest, to the mixture.
- Spoon on top of chicken, and garnish with oregano leaves.