Recipe adapted for kosher and pastured meat, from Clean Eating Magazine
- 2lbs Grow and Behold Chicken Thighs
- 2 tablespoons schmaltz or oil
- 5 large carrots, cut into 1⁄2-inch half-moons
- 2 large leeks, white and light green parts, cut into 1⁄2-inch half-moons
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger, divided in half
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, divided in half
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, divided in half
- 3 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoon white miso
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha or other hot sauce (adjust according to spice preference)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon leaves, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 375°F
- Add carrots and leeks to a large bowl, with half of the oil, ginger, thyme, and pepper and toss to coat. Spread in a single layer on baking sheet sheet. In that same bowl, add chicken and the remaining half of the oil, ginger, thyme, and pepper. Mix and place chicken over vegetables.
- Roast on center oven rack for 35-40 minutes, turning and gently stirring once. Continue roasting until juices run clear and temperature reaches 165°F in thickest part of chicken, 10 to 15 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the orange juice, miso, honey and hot sauce. Pour over cooked chicken and vegetables and gently stir. Divide among serving plates and sprinkle with tarragon.