Recipe by Anna Hanau
- ¼ cup currants
- ¼ cup capers
- ¼ cup degelet noor dates, finely chopped (don’t use Medjool, they are too squishy to chop)
- ¼ red onion, chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 cup cooked short grain white rice, cooled (rinse it thoroughly before cooking so it doesn’t clump together)
- 2lbs Grow and Behold Meatball Mix (or use 1lb Ground Beef and 1lb Ground Rose Veal or Ground Lamb)
- 1-2 cups Grow and Behold Chicken Bone Broth (enough to come up about 1-2″ up the peppers)
- 8 small or 6 medium red peppers
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Slice a thin section off the bottom of the peppers so they stand up straight. Slice off tops and remove seeds & pith carefully. Save tops.
- Combine filling ingredients (excluding meat) and mix thoroughly.
- Drop sections of meat into filling ingredients and combine gently using your fingers until filling is evenly distributed but mixture is still light.
- Spoon filling into peppers and replace their “lids”.
- Set peppers in baking dish. Pour broth on top.Cover tightly with foil for 15 minutes. then remove foil and continue to bake until peppers are browned and soft.
- Bake at 350F for 1hr or until meat is cooked and peppers are tender but not falling apart.