Recipe adapted for kosher, pastured cooking from Ina Garten. Serves 4
- 4 Grow and Behold Chicken Breast Filets (around 6-8oz each)
- 1/4 cup good olive oil
- 9 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme leaves
- 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small saucepan over a medium-low heat, warm the olive oil and add the minced garlic, cooking until the garlic is fragrant but not browned. Then, take the pan off of the heat and add the white wine, lemon zest, lemon juice, oregano, and thyme, and pour into a 9 by 12-inch baking dish.
Pat the chicken breasts dry and place them over the sauce. Brush with olive oil.
- Cut the lemon in 8 wedges and tuck it among the pieces of chicken.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, depending on the size of the chicken breasts, until the chicken is done and has browned slightly. If the chicken isn’t browned enough, put it under the broiler for 2 minutes. Cover the pan tightly with aluminum foil and allow to rest for 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and serve hot with the pan juices.