Recipe adapted for kosher cooking from Crumb Kitchen. This will make enough glaze for around 14 doughnuts.
- 14 plain, unglazed doughnuts
- 8 slices of Grow and Behold Thin-Cut Beef Bacon
- 6 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons of non-dairy milk (almond milk, soy milk, or cashew milk would work well here)
- ½ teaspoon of maple extract
- 2½ to 3 cups of icing sugar
- Cook the Beef Bacon over a medium heat, until crisp. Then, place on a paper towel while you assemble the rest of the glaze.
- Mix the maple syrup, vanilla extract, milk, maple extract and icing sugar until very smooth (it should be a medium-thick consistency) and add more milk or icing sugar if it’s too runny or thick. Place in fridge until ready to use.
- Once the Beef Bacon has cooled down a bit, crumble into smaller pieces. Then, when you are ready to glaze your doughnuts, dip one side of doughnuts in icing, then sprinkle with bacon pieces. Serve immediately.