- 2lbs Grow and Behold Rose Veal for Stew
- 2 tablespoons peanut or vegetable oil
- 1 large head fennel, cut in half and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 12 small cippolini onions, peeled
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon leaves
- ¼ cup of Pernod, ouzo or any other anise-flavored liquor
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat one tablespoon of the oil in a large casserole and saute the cubes, until they have lightly browned on all sides. Then, transfer the cubes to a plate.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan and saute the fennel, garlic, carrots and onions until they have lightly browned.
- Return veal to casserole. Add the tarragon and Pernod and bring to a boil, scraping up the cooking juices as the pot heats up. Add the tomatoes with their juice and stir well. Cover and simmer gently, stirring occasionally, for around 45 minutes, or until the veal is tender. If too much liquid begins to cook off, add a splash of water to the pan. Season to taste, and serve.