Recipe adapted for kosher, pastured cooking from Serious Eats. Serves 4-5.
- 3lbs Grow and Behold Chicken Drumsticks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon boiling water
- Dried edible lavender blossoms (~1 teaspoon)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 300F. Toss the chicken with the olive oil and lay out on a lined baking sheet, making sure the pieces are well spread out. Roast for 1 hour, or until meat is quite tender.
- While the chicken cooks, make the glaze: In a food processor, blend the apricot preserves and the tablespoon of boiling water to loosen the glaze, and break up any large bits of fruit in the preserves.
- After one hour, turn your oven to broil. As it heats up, remove the chicken and rub half of the glaze on the chicken. Return to the broiler for around five minutes (or until the glaze begins to turn golden-brown, then turn the chicken over and repeat with the remaining glaze.
- After the chicken has cooked and broiled, season to taste and garnish with edible lavender blossoms, and serve.