Recipe adapted for kosher cooking from Epicurious. Serves 2
- 2 Grow and Behold Lamb Shoulder Chops
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup shallots, chopped
- 3/4 cup ruby Port
- 1/2 cup Grow and Behold Chicken Bone Broth
- 1/2 cup dried tart cherries
- 3 tablespoons cherry jam
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Chopped fresh mint, to garnish
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a heavy medium nonstick skillet over a medium-high heat, heat the oil. Add the lamb chops to the skillet, and cook to desired doneness–around 12 minutes for medium-rare (make sure to turn often). Then, transfer the lamb to a plate and pour off drippings from the skillet.
- Add the shallots to the same skillet, and sauté for 1 minute. Add the Port, broth, cherries, jam, vinegar, and cardamom, and boil until cherries plump up and the liquid is syrupy, about 6 minutes. Season to taste, then spoon the sauce over the lamb. Sprinkle with mint and serve.