Recipe adapted for kosher cooking from Martha Stewart. Serves 2.
- 1 2lb Grow and Behold Cowboy Steak
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 2 teaspoons black peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped oregano
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Pat steak dry thoroughly with paper towels.
In a spice grinder, combine the cumin, coriander, and peppercorns and pulse until coarsely ground, then transfer to a medium-sized bowl. Add the paprika, brown sugar, oregano, and garlic and mix until combined.
Rub steak on all sides with spice mixture, and let stand at room temperature for 3 to 4 hours or up to overnight in the refrigerator. If marinating in refrigerator, remove 1 hour before cooking to bring steak to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees with rack in center position. As the oven heats up, heat a large cast-iron pan over medium-high heat and sear the steak on both sides until blackened–around 6-8 minutes total. Transfer the steak to the oven and roast 10-15 more minutes, or until a meat thermometer inserted into center of steak registers 125 degrees for medium-rare.
- Transfer steak to a carving board and let stand at least 15 minutes before seasoning, slicing, and serving.