Recipe adapted for kosher cooking from Bon Appetit. Serves 4.
- 1lb Grow and Behold Ground Lamb
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¾ teaspoon smoked paprika
- All-purpose flour (for dusting)
- 8oz prepared pizza dough, cut in half and brought down to room temperature
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided, plus more for drizzling
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup parsley leaves with tender stems
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Crushed red pepper flakes (to serve, adjust to desired spice level)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place a baking sheet on a rack in lower third of oven, and heat oven to 500 degrees.
- Meanwhile, mix the garlic, tomato paste, and spices in a large bowl, then mix in the lamb.
- While keeping the second piece of dough covered, gently stretch the first piece of dough into a 10×8″ oval and transfer to a lightly floured and parchment-lined baking sheet. Crumble half of the lamb mixture over the dough and brush the edges with 1 tablespoon of oil. Slide onto the preheated baking sheet and bake until the crust is golden brown–around 6–8 minutes. Transfer pizza to a wire rack for a few minutes before serving.
- As the pizza cooks, toss onion, parsley, and lemon juice in a bowl, and season with salt. When the pizzas are ready, top them with the parsley-onion mixture.
- Repeat with the remaining dough, lamb mixture, and 1 Tbsp. oil. Drizzle pizzas with more oil, and red pepper flakes to taste.