Recipe by Naomi Nachman. Serves 10-12
Reprinted with permission from Perfect for Pesach.
Photo by Miriam Pascal.
- 6 Strips Grow and Behold Flanken (around 1lb each)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 2 cups of barbecue sauce
- 1 cup of dry red wine
- Place meat in a large roasting pan and set aside. Heat up a broiler or grill pan.
- Prepare the spice rub–in a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, cumin, garlic, paprika, cinnamon, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Then, rub over all surfaces of the flanken.
- Broil or grill the flanken on high for 2-3 minutes/side, then set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Prepare the sauce by whisking the barbecue sauce and red wine together, then pour over the broiled flanken.
- Cover the roasting pan tightly, and bake for three hours.