- 1 package Thick-Cut Beef Bacon, cut into small pieces
- 2 sheets of matzo
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Salt and pepper
- Maple syrup
- In a medium frying pan, cook the bacon pieces over medium heat until they’re starting to get crispy and their fat has rendered out. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate and allow to cool. Drain off all but 2 tablespoons of beef bacon fat and return pan to stove.
- In the meantime, break the matzo into bite-sized hunks and put it in a bowl. Cover the matzo with warm water and let it soak for 30 seconds, until just slightly softened, then drain well. Whisk the egg with generous pinches of salt and freshly ground black pepper. Stir it into the matzo, then add the mixture to the pan.
- Cook, stirring and flipping occasionally until some portions are browned and crispy around the edges. Serve topped with crumbled beef bacon and a drizzle of maple syrup, if desired.
Recipe inspired by one from food52’er linzeralla.